Who we are
Pastors Paul & Maureen Berube
Paul and Maureen are passionate people who love connecting with God and seeing him change peoples lives. They believe everyone should be on a journey to grow and know God better. Being a part of a body, engaging in Spirit filled worship and studying his word are just some of the ways they believe create a healthy place for that to happen. They have seven children with four still living at home and believe a healthy home is the foundation for a full life and builds strong community. They live with God and see he has lots in store for people that give their whole lives to him and they love to be a part of what God is doing in peoples lives.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
We believe in:
1. Verbal inspiration of the accepted canon of the sacred scriptures as originally given. (II Timothy 3:16 ; I Corinthians 2:13)
2. The Tri-unity of the Godhead.
(Matthew 28:19 ; Galatians 3:20)
3. The creation, test and fall of man, as recorded in Genesis; his total spiritual depravity and inability to attain to divine righteousness.
(Romans 5:12, 5:18)
4. The Saviour of men, the Lord Jesus Christ, conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, very God and very man.
(Luke 1:30-35 ; John 1:18 ; Isaiah 9:6)
5. The Gospel of the Grace of God, that Christ died for our sins, was buried and rose again the third day for our justification.
(I Corinthians 15:1-4 ; Romans 4:25)
6. The salvation of sinners by grace alone, through faith in the perfect and sufficient work of the Cross of Calvary, by which we secure remission of sins.
(Ephesians 2:8-9 ; Hebrews 9:12, 9:22 ; Romans 5:1)
7. The bodily ascension of Jesus to heaven, His exaltation, and His personal coming for His church (John 14:2-3 ; I Thessalonians 4:13-18) and His rule of the nations of the earth the 1,000 years.
(Zechariah 14:4-5, 14:9 ; Isaiah 11:1-4 ; Revelation 20:6)
8. Water baptism of believers by immersion in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
(Acts 19:5, 10:47-48, 8:37-38)
9. The Baptism of the Holy Spirit as an experience subsequent to salvation, with scriptural evidence by speaking in other tongues.
(Acts 8:14-17, 10:44-46, 2:1-4 ; Galatians 3:14-15)
10. The gifts of the Spirit as enumerated in I Corinthians, chapters 12-14, being exercised and practiced as manifest in the early church.
11. The Spirit filled life, a life of separation from the world, and the perfecting of holiness in the fear of God as an expression of Christian faith.
(Ephesians 5:18 ; II Corinthians 6:15-18, 7:1) Chastisement follows disobedience and loss of rewards, not a loss of salvation.
(Hebrews 12:5-11 ; I Corinthians 3:15)
12. The healing of the body by Divine Power, or Divine Healing, in its many aspects practiced by the early church.
(Acts 4:30 ; Romans 8:11 ; I Corinthians 12:9 ; James 5:14)
13. The Lord's memorial, commonly called the Supper for Believers.
(I Corinthians 11:23-32)
14. The eternal Life of the Believer (John 5:24, 10:28) and the eternal punishment of the unbeliever.
(Mark 9:43-48 ; II Thessalonians 1:9 ; Revelation 20:10-15)
15. The reality and personality of Satan.
(Job 1:7 ; II Corinthians 11:14)
We're affiliated with the
Apostolic Churches of Pentecost (ACOP)
and Evangelical Fellowship of Churches (EFC)